Selenium Essentials, Toronto, CA
April 11 @ 9:00 am - April 12 @ 5:00 pm
An introduction to the most popular open source web – test automation tool
You will be able to generate the maximum value from the Open Source Toolset Selenium for your project environment across all test types.
Especially in end-to-end testing, a very large manual test effort can be avoided when automating tests. For each agile SW development project, automated tests are enablers for Continuous Integration and Delivery and are therefore indispensable.
The Selenium Tool Family is an open source toolset for highly scalable browsers and mobile automation solutions. As such, it is the standard for test automation in many large and small businesses. The tool family offers great flexibility, cost-effectiveness and broad support for all browsers. With the addition of ios-driver and Selendroid, selenium also supports the automation of mobile applications.
In this seminar, you will get a practical introduction to test automation with Selenium.
- Introduction and current trends in test automation
- The Selenium Tool Family: Selenium2 / Webdriver, GRID
- Selenium and its interaction with test frameworks (JUnit, TestNG)
- Test frameworks
- Selenium / Webdriver protocol
- Selenium basics
- Selenium advanced
- How does Selenium interact with test frameworks
- JUnit and TestNG and how they work with Selenium
- Selenium protocol overview
- Selenium / Webdriver API
- Remote Webdriver
- Selenium Grid
- Custom waits
- Expected conditions
- Reporting and screenshots
- Page objects
- Mobile automation with Selenium
- Selenium in the future
- Basic understanding of software testing
- Basic knowledge in a high level programming language (e.g. Java)
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS